Tuesday, 21 April 2009

2 How does your media product represent particular social groups ?

I feel that the social group in which I’m targeting my film towards is the young avid film lovers who regularly visit the cinema to see any old generic American film. As this is the target audience which will usually help a film to make the largest profit. They will more than likely still be in further education with a part time job and find a visit to the cinema a time to relax and escape. They will more than likely be male and possibly bring friends or partners with them as they won’t enjoy the experience by themselves. And I feel that the film itself portrays this with the characters within it and there social backgrounds, in order to connote this I used a hip hop RaB non diagetic sound track which I feel that the particular target audience for the film will enjoy. I also attempted to use some modern styled editing which will appeal and excite the audience. Even though there isn’t any diagetic talking within the opening sequence I feel that through out the rest of the film they will speak in slang which people be able to understand and relate to. I have tried to make it so that the characters aren’t made out to be too stereotypical, but at the same time relatable for the audience.

No comments: